Sunday, October 3, 2010

Entry 8: My reflection on the whole course

I think everyone has to agree with me that Dr Yeap has totally changed our perception towards Math. Never has learning Math been this interesting and fun before. I was full of apprehension at the beginning of the course on how I will ride through the whole six sessions; given my strong incompetence in this subject area. With the technique and skills taught in teaching Math, I marvelled at how learning Math can be translated into something more fun!


Within a short period of time, we were brought back into the journey of learning Math all over again except that now it was done in a very tasteful manner. So much has been taught and covered. The various games that we've had; the dice, the paper clips, the cards, the tangrams, the cubes, to name but a few. Never have I came across Math lessons with so much life, zest, and excitement in it.

I see the great importance of learning Math as it is not only an examinable subject per se, but more of its application in our daily lives in terms of problem-solving, analysing and being able to think out of the box and to come out with different possibilities and solutions. These have to be instilled and inculcated since young. It is all about how learning can be imparted to entice young children to get engage and enjoy learning Math so that they can develop a strong foundation in it, have a strong liking and to apply it in their daily lives. It is important for me as the educator to have the right mindset and to think creatively with the interest of the children in mind                                     .

Thank you Dr Yeap for your sharing of those great ideas! We really wish to have more fun learning with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment